POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Focal blur confidence : Re: Focal blur confidence Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur confidence
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 11 Aug 1999 11:45:25
Message: <37b19a95@news.povray.org>
Bernd M. Jordan <ber### [at] sbssiemenscom> wrote:
: One thing that struck me while following the discussion (which, btw, is
: really way off topic) is that some of you use a newsreader from the old
: times, i.e. when the net was used only by students and other members of the
: mental elite. Yet, all of you cannot wait until a new version of PoV-Ray
: comes out. That IMHO is schizophrenic.

  I don't think that anyone here uses an old-time newsreader. I suppose that
everyone uses the latest version available. Newer versions have always
newer features.
  It's just like with povray: No-one uses pov2.2 anymore. Just a few use
pov3.0. Most people use the latest version.
  The fact that povray has existed for a long time doesn't make it an old
program. You can't say "povray is an old program, you should upgrade to
3DStudio".
  In the same way: The fact that a news reader has existed for a very long
time doesn't make it an old program.